Friday, December 9, 2011

Noble Satyr


  • Author: Lucinda Brant 
  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 917 KB
  • Print Length: 339 pages
  • Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0987073818
  • Publisher: Sprigleaf (March 1, 2011)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B004Q9TWOG
  • Average Customer Review: 3.8 out of 5 stars  
France and England in the age of hedonism and enlightenment.
A green-eyed beauty is abandoned at the court of Versailles.
The predatory Comte de Salvan plots her seduction.
An all-powerful adversary snatches her to safety.
But is he noble savior or a satyr most despicable?

First and foremost, I must take into account that I have read the 3rd book in this Roxton Series..so I felt more inclined in it…than this one..which is the first in the series…


I have imagined and loved Jonathon and Antonia together…so it’s quite hard for me to read Antonia with another man, her first husband the Duke of Roxton..:D…but I still love the story…

As always the story is unique and unforgettable.. Antonia is just eighteen while Roxton is in his late 40’s…but love defiles everything…

I enjoyed Antonia’s impulsiveness and the duke’s aloofness and attitude… It’s a wonderful story that started impossibly…. In every twist in their situation…there’s always a solution or an unexpected answer…
I especially enjoyed how the good-humored, frankness, outrageousness of Antonia, slowly but surely changed the Duke’s stone heart into a warm puddle… I also imagined the duke as a cute man especially when he resisted laughing and tried to regain his composure in front of Antonia… I also love and cherished all the supporting characters.. It’s like they were meant to be there, helping and ruining the main ones…

I love the ending I think it’s perfect and the things are sorted out… I felt the love, anger, mercy and laughter in this wonderful story! Although I hadn’t cried like in the “Autumn Duchess”, I felt the anger and fear of Antonia from the controlling and disgusting hands of the Comte and his son.

Another thing I’m grateful for this book is it explained the sorrow and grief of Antonia in the 3rd book… I guess if I had read this one first..i might get angry with Jonathon…:)

Ms. Lucinda Brant is a certified Historical Romance Writer if ever there’s a job like that..:D

I think I thoroughly believe now that “Age doesn’t really matter”…
To all romance and historical lovers..What are you waiting for..? Grab these books now and fall in love like the first time..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Listia

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com