Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Book Review: By the Light of the Silvery Moon



By the Light of the Silvery Moon by Tricia Goyer

  • Paperback: 320 pages
  • Publisher: Barbour Books (March 1, 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1616265515
  • ISBN-13: 978-1616265519
  • Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 5.5 x 1.2 inches

Remember the Titanic 100 years after its doomed voyage with Tricia Goyer’s fictional portrayal of one woman’s journey. To Amelia Gladstone, this ship means promise of seeing family again. To Quentin Walpole, the Titanic represents a new start in America…if he can get onboard. All seems lost until Amelia offers him a ticket, securing his passage—and bringing him face-to-face with his railroad tycoon father and older brother, Damian. As Amelia works to reconcile father and son, she finds herself the object of both brothers’ affection. Can she choose between two brothers? Or will she lose everything to the icy waters of the Atlantic?

For the 100th Anniversary of the Titanic, Tricia Goyer had written another great novel that would make any readers reminisce the love and tragedy of the Titanic accident. This Titanic-based story is not just for its 100th anniversary though, this book is for all seasons. So I do hope, I wasn’t too late of posting this review.

With refreshing new characters, a take on the prodigal son from the bible, a dramatic love story, this book deserves to be called outstanding.

As for me being a Christian, I was really moved by the religious moments in the book, but it isn’t over the line, so readers who are believers and non-believers alike could enjoy this classic tale of tragedy and love.

Each of the characters’ fate is interwoven beautifully. They have pasts that will tug at everyone’s heart, and they have to make decisions that are totally unselfish and hard. the author gave us glimpses to better incorporate in us why things happen and why the characters act the way they are. It made it easy for me to really get to the characters and feel with them.

The writing was phenomenal; there’s a lot of emotion in it, the plot was perfectly thought of and the mixture of fiction and facts made me think that the book was well-researched and is given emphasis up to the littlest detail. As a lover of historical fiction, I was satisfied and fed by some more..:D

Actually, it’s easy to think that the book wouldn’t be so interesting or suspenseful since we know what happened, right?—the Titanic sunk. But that knowledge only made it painful as we love and care for the characters. The question keeps popping at the back of my head, “When would the ship sunk?” Anyway, when it eventually happened, I was in tears, the brave orchestra players added to it when they still played even when the ship was sinking. I really felt like I was there with them, thinking of my love ones and the things I haven’t done yet. It was really tragic.

By The Light of The Silvery Moon is a heart-wrenching novel set in a dark time of human history—the Titanic. Packed with emotions, drama,love, action, forgiveness, faith and tough decisions for life, this book would surely keep you turning the pages. I couldn’t put it down, read it in one sitting! Actually, I was thinking of reading “Chasing Mona Lisa” another book from the author :D Highly Recommended!

I received the book from the author. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." Thanks so much Ms. Goyer..:D



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Listia

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com