Monday, March 12, 2012

Review: Silver Moon




Silver Moon by Rebecca A. Rogers
  • Paperback: 308 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace (April 12, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0615477445
  • ISBN-13: 978-0615477442
Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
For seventeen-year-old Candra Lowell, senior year is supposed to be the time of her life. It's not supposed to include being shipped off to her aunt and uncle's house for 'her own good'. Whatever that means. There's only bad news from this experience--when she learns she'll go from human to werewolf in a few months. Complete with an inherited unique power.

At her aunt and uncle's house, Candra is plagued with nightmares of a whispering forest and glowing eyes, and a shadowy figure, who issues a warning--she needs to leave town. Candra tries to dismiss the haunting images, but when the shadowy figure appears outside of her home, Candra realizes she should've obeyed.

Candra learns the meaning of the stalker's warnings when she discovers she's the new favorite target of a rival pack. She isn't just a werewolf--she's a werewolf in the middle of a feud that makes the Montagues and Capulets look like best friends. She's also made a mess of things by falling for her sworn enemy. Worse, the rival pack wants the power Candra will receive on her eighteenth birthday. To protect her family and friends, Candra can't run or hide; she must face her foes, even if it means death.



Silver Moon is a YA Paranormal Romance, with werewolves as the main theme, plus magic, rival clans, ancients and forbidden romance.

The plot is interesting and engaging, I loved all of the characters, even though I still had to know more of them in the sequel, the ‘forbidden romance’, is a thing I always look forward to too :D.

This book has a lot of mystery, and plus the author’s writing style, it kept me reading until the end. This is full of suspense and thrill, and sometimes I wondered what would happen next. The characters’ relationships are unpredictable too.

This book has a lot of potential. Ms. Rogers writing style would keep you in focus til the end of the book. From the beginning til the end, I have questions running in my head, and the more I read, the more curious I become.

Some things that bothered me are: first, I thought Ben has a girlfriend, but then other than Ali (Ben’s girlfriend) saying, “you could say that”, and Ben denying it, there’s no further discussion with this topic. Next, I love Candra’s dreams, but I still don’t know why her dreams exist. Other than the fact that it’s a warning, I want to know who caused them.

The ending meanwhile, is a little bit unclear, or maybe I was just so into the story that I expected more to happen lol.. I just wish this book had ended with a little bit more action, or I suggest the author should write an epilogue, or anything that would keep the reader hanging in a good way.

Also, there’s no real action in the book. I mean, the theme was about werewolves, but little encounter was seen in the book. It’s more focus on Candra learning about magic and her clan’s history.

The good thing in this is, I think there’s a lot of surprises in the next book. I think the “things that bothered me” above, will be cleared and explained in the sequel. This book serves as a good introduction to a good storyline.

All in all, I really enjoyed reading Silver Moon, I love the plot and the characters. And would love more how Candra’s adventure will develop in the upcoming books, this all explains why I give this 4 stars, if there’s 4.5, I would give it to this book. I would recommend this to anyone who would love a Romeo and Juliet story in a paranormal theme…:D



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Listia

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com