Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Prophecy of the Flame: Love's Dawning


  • Author: Lynn Hardy
  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 1936 KB
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Publisher: Resilient Publishing; Kindle edition (March 8, 2008)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B004KKXSNC
  • Average Customer Review: 3.8 out of 5 stars 
In a blinding flash of light, five nondescript strangers are yanked from this world and thrust into a land of sorcery as they are granted the looks and abilities of the people they were playing. 
This band of wannabe heroes soon discovers that having the powers they have always dreamed of, does not make life a dream come true. 
The Crusaders of the Light struggle to form a cohesive band as they blend twentieth century technology with the supernatural powers of this new world, fighting to liberate the kingdom of Cuthburan from the evil horde threatening humanity. 
Battle is also waged within Reba, an ordinary housewife who has become the most powerful mage on the planet, as she struggles to remain true to her wedding vows. 
Drawn against her will to the arms of Prince Alexandros, Reba must choose marriage to a handsome prince in a magical world or returning to the husband she left behind.
I didn’t read this book right away because judging from the first sentences, it depicts gaming ( online games only physically), which means I have to deal with sci-fi and much worst gaming. But to my regret, after a month when I continued reading, I find this as exciting as a roller coater ride.:)
The book kinda reminds me of Harry Potter, only with demons and princes and princesses. The Archmage is present, a druid elf, a dwarf, a master healer and a prince charming. 

I fell in love instantly with the story, I don’t know why, some magic-themed books are not just striking, but this one had me at my heels.:)

I enjoyed reading each chapters, and am always eager to read on and on, the suspense keeps me going and the actions and spells just add spice to it. My appreciation for the wonderful rhymes too. And Frog kissin’ would be a hit, if it’s really a song.

Mrs. Hardy poured out her imagination and her feelings too on this one, it’s filled with magic, actions, adventure, romance and camaraderie, and also faith too.

One of the best thing I’ve read in this is when, the temple’s priest ask Reba to pay homage to his god but she refuses claiming that she will never kneel nor pay worship to anyone unless it was God. I almost cried at this point: (I edited, this the conversation/ actual words said only.)

“It is required that all who enter pay respects to Andskoti.”
“My beliefs do not allow me to kneel to any god but mine.”
“B-but, it is required of all who enter, regardless of their beliefs.” “You must kneel in respect. No homage is expected, purely acknowledgment.”
“I am not a child of your world.” “I worship God. He doesn’t allow me to bend a knee to any other god, not even in the giving of respect or acknowledgment.”

In addition, the book is a romance type to, I can’t wait to know if Reba and Szames could blossom, or would Alex triumph over Reba?, much worse , what about her husband?

I honestly love everything about this, except the fact that Reba is married on earth dimension. But maybe something will happen on the next book. But as I would want to end the book, I really hope ,she would be with Szames.

The cover isn’t that appealing, though of course it should contain flames. But overall , a really good book.

you can find your own copy here!


Missing a picture from your favorite scene? Sketches and graphic art that didn't make it into the book can be found at: LynnHardy.com

The saga of Reba, Szames, and Alex continues in Book Two - Love's Price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Listia

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com