Friday, February 22, 2013

Win and Read: Descencion by B.C. Burgess



The Angel
After three years caring for her dying mother, Layla Callaway learns she was adopted under unusual circumstances. Following a cryptic message to seek her birth family in Oregon, Layla uproots her lonely life, quickly finding she descends from witches and wizards. Magic is in her blood, and a handsome family friend is eager to prove it. Through a ring imprinted with her birth parents’ memories, Layla’s enigmatic past comes to light, presenting possibilities and trials more chimerical than her wildest dreams.

The Guardian

Quin’s natural charisma yields plenty of witches, but he longs for the lost witch – the mysterious Layla. He's dreamed about her his entire life, envisioning the day he would lay eyes on her face and aura. When that day arrives, not only is he breathless, he’s confronted with the challenge of a lifetime – an innate need to keep her safe and forever by his side.

The Hunter

Employing fiendish manipulation and manpower, Agro uses the arcane force of others to elevate his supremacy and wealth. Nothing pleases him more than latching on to a mystical vein, and never has there been a more enticing source. The divine witch will be his.

Purchase links:

Excerpt 4
Layla looked back to the horizon, watching the sun’s final flicker fade into the sea. Then Quin’s voice broke through the chorus of crashing waves.
“Why did you move to Oregon, Layla?”
She abandoned the ocean view, tilting her head back to find a better one. In the dark, Quin’s eyes were like shiny, onyx marbles framed by black velvet lashes. “I heard it’s a nice place to live,” she answered, short of breath.
“Where were you living?” he asked.
“Oklahoma.”
“That’s a long way away. Don’t you have people there who’ll miss you?”
“Sure. My friends Travis and Phyllis will miss me.”
“No family?”
“No.”
His forehead creased, but he didn’t press for an explanation. “Still, that’s a big leap of faith—moving halfway across the country for no reason.”
“Is it not a leap of faith even if you have a reason?” she countered.
He pulled his right hand from his pocket and slowly reached up, halting an inch from her face. Then he moved his fingers to a spiral that had escaped her ponytail. “I guess it would be. Did you have a reason?”
“I wanted to get out of Oklahoma,” she answered, more enraptured by him than the world’s largest ocean.
“And you heard Oregon was nice,” he returned, raising a skeptical eyebrow.
Layla chewed her lip, wondering how much she should divulge. Then she took another leap of faith. “I recently found out I have family here.”
“There it is,” he approved. “Are you here to see them?”
“Um… not really. I don’t know their names, let alone their addresses, so I’ll probably never meet them. It was just time for a move, and Oregon was as good a place as any.” She glanced at the ocean then back to his face. “Better actually.”


Author Information:
I'm a small town girl with big dreams and a wild imagination. I'm addicted to coffee and writing. The combination is my idea of heaven. I read every day, if only to my young son, whom I hope to someday inspire with my passion for writing.

I love hearing from my readers, so feel free to contact me through any of the links below.

Social Media links:



Twitter Handle - @BCBurgessBooks

Giveaway: 
8 ebook copies of Descension (INT) 

Follow the rest of the tour:

1 comment:

Your comments are very much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Listia

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com