Monday, August 6, 2012

Book Review: Perfectly Flawed by Shirley Marks


Perfectly Flawed by Shirley Marks 
  • Hardcover: 192 pages
  • Publisher: Avalon Books (October 10, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 080347606X
  • ISBN-13: 978-0803476066

Finding a husband proves difficult for Lady Charlotte Worth, second daughter of the Duke of Faraday. Charlotte has every desirable attribute of a young Regency miss making her entrée into society. Eligible gentlemen cannot wait for her to make her London debut and arrive at her country house, Faraday Hall. They all speak to her of their undying love and promise a lifetime of devotion. But for Charlotte, who sees the good in everyone, this makes the decision all the more difficult.
Lady Muriel, the youngest Worth sister, is not convinced by words alone. She plans to put these gentlemen to the test, hoping there is one among them who is worthy of her sister's affection. It will take a true man of quality to look beyond Charlotte's exterior perfection and treasure her for her inner beauty.




I find Perfectly Flawed a cute and witty story. :)

Shirley Marks wrote the book with such style that even if the plot is not that complicated nor exciting, readers find themselves to continue turning the pages, and having smiles on their faces. If you ask me, there’s not really more to read from the story other than a debutant, reluctant to hurt the feelings of her suitors, find ways to flaw her self. Thus, came the title Perfectly Flawed, for Charlotte is perfect in any man’s eyes but there are minor details that won’t be noticeable if not pointed, and there are things discovered that are just assumed wrong.

Marks wrote gracefully just like her characters that are unique and come fully to life. I love the integration of the flaws, the puzzle, Muriel’s disbelief, the suitor’s fickle love, Charlotte’s overly kind heart.There are some surprises, twists in the book that I never saw coming. And the ending, I wish I had more of that, like weddings maybe or something that would serve as a “grand” closure.

Honestly, I love all of the characters in here. Muriel, is a headstrong, intelligent and loving sister and daughter. Charlotte is overly perfect with good looks, good heart and talent---meaning good in everything On Gabriel, hmmm… I quite of hate his exaggerated actions and he actually seemed haughty, but as the story progresses, we begin to know the real him –his kindness and generosity.

What’s ironic, is even if I had said earlier that there’s not really more in this story, is that a lot of things actually happened in a short span of time, there are lives changed, the needy helped, the suitor’s true intention and desire revealed. There are also lots of characters, but Marks ensured that we would really know each. So, I salute the author for that..:D

The story is fun and light that if I could, I would suggest that Perfectly Flawed would be perfect for a movie/tv program fairytale story, especially for teens.

Perfectly Flawed is a story of loyalty, friendship, hospitality, kindness, sisterhood, and finding love beyond beauty and grace.

All in all, if you want a clean, entertaining, unique read, then I would highly recommend “Perfectly Flawed”..:)


View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. As sad as it is, I can't remember the last time that I read a clean book! I think I'm going to add this to my TBR list. It sounds cute, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to read some clean stuffs once in awhile, to refresh and relax our brain, I guess...thanks for the comment/.P)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the great review! Although it might have be a cute and witty read, I just don't think the story is all for me. I hate it when that happens, but I have so many books that I am going crazy to read that I just can't add one to it unless I go crazy over the blurb too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Listia

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com