Monday, February 27, 2012

Meandering Mind



Meandering Mind by Eva Dillner
  • Paperback: 168 pages
  • Publisher: Divine Design (July 3, 2010)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 9197823120
  • ISBN-13: 978-9197823128
Like a walkabout of the mind
To become whole we need to bring out what is inside of us. We have to risk going out on a limb, to express our inner selves, to share our gift with the world. What we hold inside is our salvation if we bring it out, if we lock it up inside ourselves it is our destruction. The energy must move and flow freely. It is why we are here - to dance in the energy of life.
Come have a cup of tea as we ponder the meaning of life. Come walk with me in the woods as I tell you about my life. Come into my office and I'll share the secrets of organizational change. Come discover my views on relationships... (See whole synopsis here)


This book is another one I’ve read which is far different from the YA books I usually submerged myself into, even different from novels. So to anyone reading this review, this book is fiction and I’d based my review like on every other fiction book I’d read.

This is the personal views, thoughts, experiences, beliefs, insecurities, and actions of the author about self-discovery, and descriptions of social organization. But most of the topics are about self-respect and achieving personal happiness, which anyone could really get into.

The best thing I liked about this book is that it gives you priceless advices here and there which are lessons from life that the author experienced herself. I found myself realizing- “hey, that’s awfully right”. These are thoughts none of us would have given second thought, but it’s perfectly portrayed in this book.

I didn't feel this book was written for me though. This was too mature in a good way. But I found this easy to read through, and comprehend. The writing was well, even if there are some sentences which are stated awkwardly.

This book would be improved if the author wrote like she’s directly speaking to her readers. And avoid jumping into various topics. Her book has potential, it just needs a little editing I guess.

Meandering Mind is a thought-provoking and enlightening book that I would recommend to anyone who feels unsure of themselves and needs someone to talk to with their struggles. Or those who deal with people. :)




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Listia

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com