Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Guardian Duke: A Forgotten Castles Novel



The Guardian Duke: A Forgotten Castles Novel by Jamie Carie
  • Paperback: 320 pages
  • Publisher: B&H Books (February 1, 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1433673223
  • ISBN-13: 978-1433673221
The Guardian Duke is award-winning novelist Jamie Carie’s most exciting story yet, a uniquely arranged Regency-era romantic adventure where hero and heroine know each other through written letters but have yet to meet.

Gabriel, the Duke of St. Easton, is ordered by the King to take guardianship over Lady Alexandria Featherstone whose parents are presumed dead after failing to return from a high profile treasure hunt. But Alexandria ignores this royal reassignment, believing her parents are still alive and duly following clues that may lead to their whereabouts. 

Gabriel, pressured by what are actually the King’s ulterior motives, pursues her across windswept England and the rolling green hills of Ireland but is always one step behind.When they do meet, the search for earthly treasure will pale in comparison to what God has planned for both of them.

Endorsements:"

Get lost in Ireland in this rollicking adventure with a brave, headstrong heroine and a relentless yet honorable duke determined to save her from a dangerous quest. With rich characterization and an intriguing plot, Jamie Carie's The Guardian Duke will leave you breathless for the next installment!"-- Susan May Warren, best-selling author of Baroness

What I loved most about this book, is how Ms. Carie weaved a wonderful love story out of correspondences, by merely letters, as the two unadmittedly falls in love, I fall in love with the story too.

As I read the book, I find myself easily attached in it, I devoured this in just one night. At the near end though, I didn’t really expect this is a series, so I’m a little bit confused, how come that there seems to be many things to happen in the story and yet, I can count the remaining pages, and so as I turn the last page, I was left wanting for more, especially since it left off, in the part, where….(you have to read it and be frustrated like me..lol…)… I really hate the part when I don’t want to sleep and can’t help but think about what will happen next… Hope book 2 is around now….can’t wait really…

The historical information is tantamount and very well-researched and I love the vivid descriptions of the different places the characters have gone into.

I love Alex, her spirit and tenacity, but I also hate her when clearly she didn’t trust the duke enough to wait for him to help her, they could have met there, but then, there would be no reason for book two..:D
I was also amazed how she earned a lot of loyal friends in her quest to find her parents who didn’t really care for her.

I find myself anticipating every letter that turned out in the story. I just wished there are a little bit more coming from the duke, since it seemed all I read was Alex blubbering written in her scratch papers.

A real-page turner, I can’t help but sigh, as the Duke chase Alex but can never get close to her. Warning: the end is a real cliff-hanger, I couldn’t wait for book two, after you read this, you can’t resist buying the next book.

The Christian content, is wonderful and it tugs to my heart how God is our great planner, and that in everything, even if we see the bad/down side, God has His own special way of making it right, of making it the best for us.

The romance, funny dialogues/letters, quest, adventure are all here. The detective part though is not that really complicated, but you’ll find yourself enjoying the book all the way.

I would have wanted to post this review before the release date Feb , but it wasn’t possible at the moment, but here’s hoping this would still help.

My first regency era Novel and definitely not my last.. Great work Ms. Carie! Highly Recommended for teens and anyone who loves a good historical/sweet-romance!




View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. I love Regency romance. :)
    This book looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes this is, and it's a clean read too.>:D

      Delete
  2. I never read a Regency novel but this seems good.
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Listia

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com