Thursday, February 2, 2012

If You Give A Girl A Viscount

If You Give A Girl A Viscount by Kieran Kramer
  • Mass Market Paperback: 384 pages
  • Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks; (November 1, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0312374046
  • ISBN-13: 978-0312374044
  • SERIES: Impossible Bachelors #4
     If life were a fairy tale, Daisy Montgomery’s stepmother and two stepsisters would surely be cast in the wicked roles. For years, they’ve made life miserable for Daisy. But when she discovers she has a godmother, she’s determined to ask her for help. Little did Daisy expect her godmother to play matchmaker with her very own grandson—who happens to be a viscount! 


    A freewheeling playboy, Charles Thorpe, Viscount Lumley, is bored with his wealth-seeking female admirers. Not only that, he’s been cut off from the family coffers. One day, on a bet, he rids himself of what little money he has left in his pockets and vows to solve problems using his wits alone. But when the Impossible Bachelor is confronted with Daisy’s plan to save her castle, the payoff is more than he could have bargained for. Sometimes, if you give a girl a viscount, you just might find love…
This is the 4th book in the Impossible Bachelors series, and I could say the author ended the series with a wonderful fairytale-like story. “If you give a girl a viscount” is a stand-alone story with a feisty, witty and determined heroine, and a seductively handsome viscount.

The characters are enchanting and each of them really stands out in the story, the stepmother, stepsisters, godmother, the friendly housekeepers, the prince and Cinderella of course… it’s a big twist but the Cinderella story can be found represented in the story. It’s quite funny how Charlie did his best to avoid the shackles of marriage but at the end, he ends up with a very different highland lass, one that could match up to his wills and could even make his mind go crazy..:D

What makes this story outstanding, is because the Prince Charming, isn’t really an ideal one, well, except for his money, besides being a playboy, and constantly thinks he can always rely on his money. Meanwhile, Daisy the heroine here, thinks about money (his money) to repair her home and kept the people she cared for.

Together, they grow and learn to trust each other, and slowly realize they’re falling in love! I loved the fact that they please each other with Charlie not taking Daisy’s virtue, but you could still feel the sensuality..:)

I love the poems, the witty and straightforward remarks, it especially made me laugh, Perdita’s cross-dressing, actually there are a lot of funny things in this book. Ms. Kramer also has this wonderful ability to turn evil characters in the story to something readers won’t expect, the good and lovable ones, I happened to love Daisy’s step-sisters..

The ending was a little unexpected for me, I got a little confused a bit, though I can’t tell you why..:)… but I later realized it though…it’s a cute ending, guess I just want to read about their wedding..hehe

I usually loved series, don’t get me wrong I loved this one too, I just felt guilty since I hadn’t read the 3 books yet..:)… and it seems like each of them had his share of good romance too…:) The book is full of sizzling romance, shocking revelations, funny scenes, and a little drama.

I can't wait to see what Ms. Kramer has next in store for readers. :D
A must read for any historical romance readers who enjoys a few laughs along the way.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. wow, great review! I love historical romance, but I never read Kieran Kramer, reading your review makes me want to read her books. thanks for the review and for introduce me to this title :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Listia

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com