Title: Paris Love Match
Author: Nigel Blackwell
Publisher: Bandit Publishing
Release date: May 2, 2013
Genre: Romance humorous
Age Group: New Adult
Tour organized by: AToMR Tours
Getting a taxi in Paris can be hell.
Piers Chapman expected a boring business trip to Paris.
What he didn't expect was to fight over a cab with a beautiful girl.
After a bad meeting, Sidney Roux just wanted to hail a cab, go home, and have a glass of wine.
She didn't expect to fight over a cab with some pompous British tourist.
Neither of them expected another man to jump in their cab.
Or to be involved in a gun fight.
Or a car chase through the streets of Paris.
Or for the man to die.
But they're thrust together when the mob demands they return what the dead man stole.
Will Piers and Sidney work together?
Will they find what he had stolen?
Will they stay alive?
And will they do the last thing they expected?
Will they fall in love?
Facts about PARIS LOVE MATCH: What are 5 interesting or noteworthy facts about the book and/or characters? This doesn’t need to be narrative. It can be bullet points.
1) Sidney’s character is partly based on the minions from Despicable Me. They’re a fun bunch. They do awful things to each other and laugh about it. They not mean and don’t get angry, they’re always content, and always looking to out-do their friends.
2) The dubious café, Terry’s All Time, was an actual greasy spoon from my past. It was in Leeds in the north of England, not in Paris, but it did have a door that didn’t fit and an owner that no one could understand (but that may have been because I only went there after the pubs closed!)
3) My life is imitating art. Piers winds up with a dog with an endless enthusiasm for walks at one stage. Strangely enough, we’ve also recently gained a dog (Sidnei) with an endless enthusiasm for walks.
4) Piers’s mum was modelled on the Hyacinth Bucket, the snob from a British sitcom called Keeping Up Appearances (often on PBS). As Hyacinth will tell you, it’s not pronounced Bucket, it’s “Bouquet.” Like Piers’s mum, she often talks to her son on the phone and would have nothing to do with sending text messages.
5) My publisher, Jillian Dodd, found a great picture of a guy and a girl in Paris for the cover of the book. When I made the book trailer I found the same two models in a series of other Paris related images, which was great for the video http://www.nigelblackwell.com/wp/paris-love-match/. Since I used them so much, Piers and Sidney’s appearances were updated to reflect the models!
To see other stops on the tour for reviews, guest posts, and excerpt click here
About the Author
Nigel Blackwell was born in rural Oxfordshire in England. He has a love of books, a PhD in Physical Chemistry, and a black belt in pointing out the obvious. As a teenager he toured Europe and loved seeing the wonders of the world and the people in it. Since then he has been fortunate enough to travel across Europe, North America, the Middle East, and Japan, and hasn't been anywhere that doesn't have the potential for a story.
He now lives in Texas with his wife and daughter, where they enjoy the sunshine and listen to the coyotes howl at night.
Author social media links:
(2) signed Paperback copies of Paris Love Match – US Only
(3) eBook copies of Paris Love Match - International
OR link to the giveaway here
OR link to the giveaway here